It’s very helpful, when camping, to have a few essential camping survival supplies with you. Many of those supplies you might need anyway, not for a survival situation but just as a course of regular camping usage. Fire starting equipment, for instance, is an essential part of any camping survival kit, but is also something that most campers use day to day, to help them cook their meals. The same can be said of other camping survival essentials, like a knife or medical supplies.
Camping Survival SuppliesWhat to look for when you're looking for camping survival supplies.
- Medical Supplies – One thing that you should definitely include in any collection of camping survival supplies is medical equipment. Survival situations often go hand in hand with accidents or something similar, and the first thing you may find that the first thing you need from your camping survival supplies, in a survival scenario, is medical supplies.
- Waterproof – It’s also a good idea to make your camping survival supplies waterproof. Many things that you might think to include, like fire starting supplies or medical supplies are susceptible to water damage, and will be useless if you get them wet, which might be difficult enough to do in a survival situation.
Best Camping Survival SuppliesSome of the best camping survival supplies, just in case.
- Adventure Medical Kits Pocket Survival Pak - If you want a comprehensive survival kit that is also relatively lightweight - the kind of thing that you can just throw in your backpack and forget about - this is ideal for you. It includes things to help you get rescued, like a whistle, things to help to find your way to help, like a compass, and gear to help you find food, like snare wire and fishing equipment. It also includes a few indispensable items, like duct tape, that are sure to come in handy in a survival situation, and of course some basics for starting a fire. And all for just 3.9 ounces, or 110 grams.
- Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Survival Kit - This is indeed an ultimate kit, which includes just about anything you might need to be relatively comfortable in the outdoors. Besides the basics, like signaling, navigation and food catching, you also get a few extras, like a survival blanket, an LED, and even a small pocket guide for what steps you should take in a survival situation, knowledge which you might find extremely useful. It even includes a hand saw, which might be handy for an extended stay in the outdoors. It does weigh 9.4 ounces, or 266 grams, so not the lightest survival kit ever.
- Ultimate Survival Technologies Deluxe Survival Kit - Despite the "Deluxe" in the name this is just a basic kit with a few items in it. It's comprised of gear for starting a fire, a signaling mirror and a hand saw. So it's missing a lot of things that might come in handy, like gear for catching food, but if you could only take a few items with you, those would all be versatile and useful things to have with you. The whole thing weighs 16 ounces, or 453 grams.