For when the weather is good and you're out in the wilderness, you need a good hiking T-shirt. Hiking T-shirts come in a variety of different styles and materials, which are more or less appropriate for a variety of conditions. But the best hiking shirts will breath well, wick moisture away from you well, and dry well if you happen to get caught in a little rain. Of course there are different hiking T-shirts for men and women, but many of the details are the same.
Hiking T-ShirtsThe features that you should be looking for when shopping for hiking T-shirts.
- Material - There aren't many options to choose from when buying a hiking T-shirt, but material is a big one. Cotton T-shirts are easy to come by, but will absorb all of your sweat when you're active, and then leave you damp and possibly cold when you slow down. Blends of a variety of fabrics, like spandex, can be good, as can natural fabrics like wool, that shed moisture very well and maintain your warmth, regardless of how wet it is.
Best Hiking T-ShirtsA few of the very best hiking T-shirts, for both men and women.
Best Hiking T-Shirts for Men
- Mountain Hardwear Wicked Lite T-Shirt - The Wicked Lite is a basic, polyester shirt great for hiking in, or just about anything else active. Polyester wicks moisture away from your skin well, and has an antimicrobial finish too, so you wont smell horrible after a long day on the trail.
- Smartwool NTS Microweight Tee - Wool is probably not the first material that most people think of when they think of hiking T-shirts, but it does make a great material for active wear. Keep in mind that this is not scratchy sweater wool, but thin, soft high quality wool. Wool is great because it wicks moisture well, will keep you warm even when wet, and best of all, is naturally antimicrobial, so you wont smell bad even after you've been sweating all day.
Best Hiking T-Shirts for Women
- Columbia Shadow Time T-Shirt - The Shadow Time is a blend of a few different fabrics. The end product is a stretchy, form fitting hiking T-shirt. It also has an Omni-Wick treatment, a product which helps wick moisture away from the skin, which is a definite must for any hiking T-shirt.
- Smartwool NTS Microweight T-Shirt - Similar to the NTS in the men's hiking T-shirts above, but with a women's fit. Wool is an ideal material because it wicks moisture well, keeps you warm even when wet, and has an antimicrobial finish. And it manages all that while being a natural fabric. Keep in mind that this is not itchy, sweater wool, but soft and thin wool that will feel great against the skin.