A good fleece jacket is a great thing to have. It's useful for camping, backpacking hiking and even for around town too. Fleece is also warm, and both sheds water well and provides good insulation even when it does get wet. There are, of course, some differences between fleece jackets for women and for men.
Fleece Jackets for WomenFeatures to look for on a fleece jacket, regardless of the gender.
- Thickness - Different fleece jackets are different thicknesses, and the thickness of your fleece jacket will determine how warm the fleece jacket is. The thickness will also help in determining how wind proof the jacket is.
- Pockets and Hoods - For walking around town you may not be too worried about the different features that your fleece jacket does or does not have, but when you start hiking, backpacking or camping with a fleece jacket, there are a few things that you will likely want. Pockets, for one, to give you easy access to important gear. Another feature outdoor adventurers might want is a hood, to provide extra warmth when the temperature drops and the wind picks up.
Best Fleece Jackets for WomenA few of the very best fleece jackets for women.
- Mountain Hardwear Monkey - The Monkey is a slightly different kind of fleece jacket. It features a very unique kind of fabric, officially called Monkey Phur, that has lofted curls on the outside to provide extra warmth and protection from the wind. The inside, however, is smooth, to give it a nice feel against your skin. A zippered breast pocket is a nice touch for those looking for a jacket to use in the outdoors, and the jacket weighs 15 ounces, or 425 grams.
- The North Face Khumbu - The Khumbu is a basic, yet versatile fleece jacket for women. It looks good for around town, and while it does not have very many extra features that backpackers, hikers and campers might be looking for, it will do the basic job of a fleece jacket well, which is to keep you warm. The Khumbu weighs 17.6 ounces, or 500 grams.
- Marmot Flashpoint Hoody - The Flashpoint is ideal for backpackers, campers and hikers looking for a feature rich fleece jacket. First, it has a hood, which is always a nice feature to have when the temperature drops and the wind starts blowing. Your head is one of the areas where you lose the most body weight. It also includes a conveniently located zippered breast pocket to store a few small essentials, has thumb holes on the sleeves, and an elastic draw cord built in to the hem. The ideal fleece jacket for outdoor adventures.