Find more of the best sleeping pads on the market at the Lightweight Sleeping Pads List.
Best Sleeping PadsMaking a list of the best sleeping pads for backpacking isn't easy, but for the purposes of this list I've defined best on criteria such as weight, reviews, reputation, and features, to give a well rounded picture of what some of the best sleeping pads on the market are.
Here are a few of the best sleeping pads to choose from.
Best Sleeping Pads List
- Klymit Inertia X Frame - If for nothing more than its innovative design the Inertia X Frame deserves a spot on any list of the best sleeping pads. The minimalist design significantly cuts down on weight while still giving you support in all that right places.
- Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Oyl Elite - Pacific Outdoor Equipment is an underrated sleeping pad manufacturer. The Peak Oyl Elite is a sleeping pad that would do well in summer as well as winter without being overly heavy. The ridges on the side are a nice touch too, and help to keep you on the sleeping pad at night.
- Therm-A-Rest NeoAir - Therm-A-Rest makes a lot of sleeping pads, but the NeoAir is by far their most popular and would be a big omission from any list of the best sleeping pads. The horizontal ridges make it a unique design, while the low weight is surprising for a rectangular sleeping pad. But the sheer number of positive reviews for this sleeping pad are what set it apart from the rest of the competition.
- Exped Downmat 9 - The Downmat 9 is an ideal sleeping pad for those cold winter nights. The down insulation and high R-value mean that it's an ideal sleeping pad for even the coldest conditions, and yet it still remains relatively light, giving it a place among the best sleeping pads.
- Kooka Bay LuxLite - A little known manufacturer popular with the lightweight backpacking crowd, Kooka Bay has some deceptively innovative designs that manage to pack a lot of features in to a very small amount of weight. If your idea of the best sleeping pad is a fine balance of comfort and weight the LuxLite should be a serious consideration.