Fleece jackets, just like any other kind of insulating jackets, come in the warm variety and the cooler variety. Sometimes you just need something to cut down on the wind chill a bit, and other times you need something that wont leave you shivering in just a few minutes. Fortunately, if you know what you’re looking for, you can find the warmest fleece jacket that suits your needs. Provided that you know what to look for, it’s a simple enough process.
Warmest Fleece JacketWhat to look for when trying to find the warmest fleece jacket.
- Hood – If your goal is to stay warm, a hood is one of the most useful features to have on a jacket. Your head loses quite a lot of body heat, after all, and if your goal is to stay warm you just stop all that body heat from escaping and you immediately warm up quite a bit.
- Thickness – Another obvious thing that will help determine how warm you stay inside your fleece jacket is the thickness of the jacket itself. The thicker it is, the warmer you will stay. Related to this, a fleece jacket with a hardened outer surface will cut down on wind chill, which can make you cold fast if you don’t have something to cut down on wind chill.
Warmest Fleece Jacket ReviewsReviews of some of the warmest fleece jackets for both men and women.
Men's Fleece Jackets
- Mountain Hardwear Monkey Man Fleece Jacket - The Monkey Man is the ideal fleece for those that don't want to spend a whole lot of money, but do want to stay warm. The Monkey Man uses heavy 300 weight fleece, and has a plush, piled exterior that does a great job of keeping wind out. It also comes with a zippered chest pocket in addition to two zippered hand pockets, but beyond that this is just a straightforward warm fleece jacket.
- Arc'teryx Hyllus Hooded Fleece Jacket - If you want something with a few more features, the Hyllus has plenty of them. First, a hood keeps your head warm, and a soft shell exterior keeps a good amount of wind and water at bay. It also uses heavy 300 weight fleece, to further ensure that you stay warm. It has two zippered hand pockets and one zippered pocket on the sleeve. If you're looking for the best, this is it.
Women's Fleece Jackets
- Mountain Hardwear Monkey Woman Fleece Jacket - The Monkey Woman is the perfect warm fleece jacket if you want something basic that wont cost way too much. It uses heavy 300 weight fleece to keep you insulated, and the very plush, piled exterior helps to further insulate and keep you protected from wind chill. There's no hood, and two zippered hand pockets, plus one zippered chest pocket. A great warm fleece jacket if you want something basic.
- Arc'teryx Hyllus Hooded Fleece Jacket - The Hyllus is definitely a higher quality product. It also uses heavy 300 weight fleece, but adds a soft shell exterior, which adds both wind resistance and water resistant, which makes it a far more versatile piece of clothing. The hood adds to that, giving you the the option to hunker down and trap all that heat escaping from your head when things get really cold. Definitely one of the warmest fleece jackets you will find.