For many people, camping is no reason to miss out on a good cup of coffee in the morning. And if a few other people in your group feel the same way, then something like a stainless steel camping coffee pot might be a useful thing to have. Why just make coffee for yourself, after all, when you can use a coffee pot to make enough for the whole group instead. Just make sure that you get someone else to carry all that coffee, so that you don’t get stuck with all the weight.
Stainless Steel Camping Coffee PotWhat to look at when reviewing a stainless steel camping coffee pot.
- Integrated – A coffee pot by itself is not a terribly useful piece of equipment. It helps, for instance, if your coffee pot works with a French press, for instance, so that your pot works as part of the coffee making process. Even better, get a coffee pot that doubles as a cooking pot, so that you have one device that does two jobs.
- Weight – Stainless steel is strong, but it’s also heavy. A material like titanium is strong and also lightweight, but a fair bit more expensive. So pay attention to how big your stainless steel camping coffee pot is, and how much it weighs, so that you don’t end up carrying around too much weight.
Best Stainless Steel Camping Coffee PotSome of the best options when it comes to stainless steel camping coffee pots.
- Kelly Kettle Stainless Steel Trekker - If you're the kind of person that cant make do with just a morning cup of coffee, then something like this kettle might be ideal. It's a combination of stove and pot that uses just about any fuel source. So when you stop for lunch, for instance, you can boil water in 3 to 5 minutes with whatever sticks you find on the ground. Of course it works equally well for boiling water for dinner. The whole thing weighs 1 pound 11.2 ounces, or 771 grams.
- REI Campware Percolator - This Percolator from REI is a great way to make coffee in the outdoors. It will make 1.77 liters, which is about enough coffee for 12 cups. The whole thing weighs 2 pounds 1 ounce, or 935 grams, and it also comes in a slightly smaller and lighter size that will make about 9 cups of coffee, so ideal for smaller groups.
- GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Coffee Percolator - Another coffee percolator option for campers, this time from GSI. This particular percolator comes in two different sizes, one of which will make about 8 cups of coffee and the other will make about 14 cups, so a few different size options when compared the REI percolator above. The 14 cup version also weighs just 1 pound 15 ounces, or 878 grams, which is lighter than the smaller, 12 cup version from REI above.