A good pair of hiking pants can do quite a bit for you. Many dry fast, give you plenty of pocket room for gadgets and important stuff, and even convert in to shorts if things get too hot. And there's plenty more that a good pair of hiking pants will do too. Of course, hiking pants for men and women are two different things, and these are hiking pants for men.
Hiking Pants for MenA few things to look for when shopping for hiking pants.
- Quick Drying - Sometimes when you're outside, you get wet. It happens. Fortunately, many hiking pants are able to dry extremely quickly, from just your body heat or a little time in the sun. Many of these quick drying hiking pants are made from nylon, so be on the lookout for nylon hiking pants.
- Convertible - Convertible hiking pants are the ones that zip off at the knee to become shorts. You may or may not be a fan of this feature, but you definitely cannot deny that it increases the versatility of the hiking pants tremendously.
Best Hiking Pants for MenThe very best hiking pants for men.
- REI Adventures Pants - The Adventures pants from REI are an ideal pair of hiking pants for men looking for a non-convertible pair of hiking pants. They don't convert, but what they do do is dry quickly, being made from nylon. They also have plenty of zippered pockets for storing essential gear while out on the trail, and are also UPF 50+ to protect you from too much sun. Finally, they come in a couple of different colors so you have a little variety of choice.
- Marmot Cruz Convertible Pants - The Cruz hiking pants are a great pair of feature rich hiking pants. First, they are made from abrasion resistant nylon, which resists tears and rips well, and also dries extremely quickly. They also have a DWR finish, so most moisture will just wick right off, making fast drying redundant for all but the worst weather. They are also convertible, as the name suggest, so you get a pair of shorts and pants, all in one package. And lastly they have a UPF 50+ rating, for those times when you are out in the sun.
- The North Face Paramount Peak Convertible Pant - Another excellent pair of convertible pants, this time from The North Face. These pants come with a DWR finish, on top of the nylon fabric, so any water that makes it past the DWR finish will dry quickly, either from body heat or sun exposure once the rain passes. The Paramount Peak pants also come with a semi-elastic waist, for a good fit every time, a total of 7 pockets, and UPF 30+ rating.