Fleece jackets come in the pull over variety, just like any other jacket, but if you want the full zip, then it isn’t too hard to find a full zip fleece jacket, because there are plenty of options out there to choose from. But once you’ve decided on a full zipper, you still have a few other decisions to make. Fleece jackets can be useful in a wide variety of environments and conditions, after all, and what you need from your fleece jacket will determine what kind of fleece jacket is best for you.
Full Zip Fleece JacketWhat to look for when you're looking at full zip fleece jackets.
- Thickness – Fleece comes in a wide variety of thicknesses, which will do a lot to determine how warm your fleece jacket is. So if you want to stay toasty warm, a thick fleece jacket will be best, whereas if you’re looking for something to compliment your active lifestyle, a thinner fleece jacket will likely be a better choice.
- Hardened – Fleece, by itself, is not particularly good at cutting down on wind chill. If the fleece is thick enough it will do a good job, but if you’re not interested in a big, thick full zip fleece jacket, a fleece jacket with a hardened outer surface will also do a good job of cutting down on wind chill, without compromising your fleece jacket’s ability to breath well.
Best Full Zip Fleece JacketSome of the better full zip fleece jackets for men and women.
Men's Full Zip Fleece Jacket
- Mountain Hardwear Monkey Man Fleece Jacket - The Monkey Man is a great full zip fleece jacket for staying warm. It uses heavy 300 weight fleece to keep you warm, and a plush, piled outer surface to help keep the wind at bay. So the outer surface isn't hardened, but the combination of thick fleece and piled outer surface do a good job of protecting from the elements. It also comes with 2 zippered hand pockets and 1 zippered chest pocket.
- Arc'teryx ActoMX Fleece Hooded Jacket - The Acto MX is a thinner jacket designed to be fast and lightweight, ideal for staying active outdoors. It's not very thick, but has a hardened outer shell that will do a good job of resisting wind and water without compromising much in terms of breathability. Two zippered chest pockets help with storage as well as ventilation for when you're working hard. Finally, it also comes with a hood to keep your head dry and warm.
Women's Full Zip Fleece Jacket
- Mountain Hardwear Monkey Woman Fleece Jacket - This is a big, thick fleece jacket that will one thing well, and that's keep you warm. It's made with heavy 300 weight fleece, and while the outer surface isn't hardened, it is plush and piled, which will definitely help with wind and moisture. There's no hood, but there is at least two hand pockets, to keep your hands warm, plus a zippered chest pocket for storing a few small essentials.
- Arc'teryx ActoMX Fleece Hooded Jacket - The Acto MX is more a fleece jacket designed with those who like to stay active in mind. It uses a much thinner fleece, plus a hardened outer surface, which makes it breathable, but also wind and water resistant, which is an ideal combination if you're looking to get out and explore the outdoors. It also comes with a very good hood and two large zippered chest pockets, for storage and also for ventilation, if you're working hard and need to cool down a bit.