If you’re making coffee for more than one, or if you need something to use with another camping coffee implement, like a French press, for instance, then you need to be looking at coffee pots for camping. Of course the big glass coffee pot that you use at home is not ideal for taking camping, for a number of reasons. What you need is a coffee pot that is more durable, and possibly even a coffee pot for camping that doubles as a pot for cooking, to save on weight and bulk.
Coffee Pots for CampingWhat you want to pay attention to when reviewing coffee pots for camping.
- Integrated – It helps if your coffee pot for camping is more than just a coffee pot. A coffee pot that doubles as a cooking pot, for instance, is a more useful piece of gear. It also helps if your coffee pot is integrated with whatever else you’re using to make your coffee, like a French press, for instance.
- Material – Another thing that you definitely want to pay attention to is the material that your camping coffee pot is made out of. Most pots will be made of metal of one sort or another, but even within the metal category, there are a wide variety of choices. Titanium is lightweight and strong, for instance, but also quite expensive compared to other metals like aluminum or stainless steel.
Best Coffee Pots for CampingSome of the very best coffee pots for camping with.
- Primus LiTech Coffee / Tea Press Kit - The LiTech is a combination of pot and press, so that you have a coffee pot for camping, as well as a way to make coffee inside the pot. The good thing about this set is that the pot, which will hold a total of 1 liter, can also double as a cooking pot, so that you can use just one pot for everything, which is ideal for camping. The pot itself has foldable handles, and is made of aluminum. The whole thing weighs 9.8 ounces, or 277 grams.
- GSI Outdoors Baked Enamelware Coffee Pot - If you're looking for a straight coffee pot for camping, then baked enamel is a good choice. This particular pot from GSI will hold 1.9 liters of liquid, which is enough for a few cups of coffee at least, and is a stainless steel core with baked enamel coating it. It weighs 1 pound 5 ounces or 595 grams, however, so not the lightest option.
- Snow Peak Titanium Cafe Press - The Cafe Press is another combination of pot and press, so that you can hold your coffee and make it too, all in the same piece of gear. The pot holds .7 liters, and like the Primus pot / press combo above, the pot can also double as a cooking pot, so that you don't have to bring a second pot for that. Unlike the Primus pot, this one from Snow Peak is made of titanium, so it weighs significantly less, at just 6.3 ounces, or 178 grams.