A fleece jacket can be a very useful piece of gear, but the better ones that come loaded with all the best features can cost hundreds of dollars, which might be more than you’re willing to spend on a fleece jacket. A sale is the obvious solution, but even then, you might be looking to know which cheap fleece jackets are worth your money, and which ones it would be better to pass on. If you know a bit about fleece jackets, and a little about what you want your fleece jacket to do, then you can likely find a cheap fleece jacket that’s just right for you.
Cheap Fleece JacketsSome things to look at when trying to find cheap fleece jackets.
- Hood – A hood is a useful feature to have on a fleece jacket, particularly if you want your fleece jacket to have a wide range of applicability when it comes to temperatures. A hood will hold a lot of body heat in, and keep you warm. But then so will a good winter hat, and if you already have one, or are planning to get one, a hood on your fleece jacket might be unnecessary.
- Hardened – Many fleece jackets come with an outer surface that has been put through a process that hardens it, so that the jacket will better stand up to wind chill. But if you’re not planning on being out in the wind, or if you have another wind jacket of some sort that you can layer, then there’s no sense in paying for this feature that you wont need.
Best Cheap Fleece JacketsSome of the very best cheap fleece jackets, for both men and women.
Men's Cheap Fleece Jackets
- REI Woodland Fleece Jacket - The Woodland is a decent fleece jacket at a very respectable price. The REI brand is a great brand to go to when you want cheaper outdoor gear. It uses 200 weight fleece, which is the second heaviest, and a good choice for staying warm. It has a full front zip and two zippered hand pockets. What it doesn't have is a hood or a hardened outer surface, so perhaps not the best choice for outings in the wind. Still, you cant beat the price.
- The North Face TKA 100 Texture Cap Rock Jacket - This is a thinner, 100 weight fleece that has more of a technical, fitted look to it. It's a full zip, and gives you two zippered hand pockets as well as a zippered chest pocket, which is ideal for storing a few essentials that you don't want to lose. So a thinner option, but also more breathable, and better suited to staying active outdoors.
Women's Cheap Fleece Jackets
- REI Woodland Fleece Jacket - You're not likely find many fleece jackets with a price lower than this one. For your money you get a 200 weight fleece jacket, 200 weight being the second heaviest weight, and so a fairly warm option. Which is good, because the outside of this jacket isn't hardened, and wont do quite as good a job of blocking the wind as another, hardened jacket would. But it's a full zip jacket with two zippered hand pockets and no hood. A solid choice for around town and maybe some more active outdoor pursuits as well.
- The North Face TKA 100 Microvelour Glacier Pullover - This is a lighter, 100 weight fleece jacket. The lower weight means it will breath better, but it's not windproof, and will let the wind chill in, being a thinner option. Still, it's a good fleece jacket to stay active in at the cheaper price point. There's no hood and also no pockets, so a fairly basic option, but definitely a cheap fleece jacket.