You can buy your knife, fork and spoon individually, but a camping knife set is a better way to get all of your utensils. Most camping utensil sets come with either a way to attach all of the pieces of the set together, so that you can be sure you wont lose any, or else are attached, often with a loop around the end of all of them, so that you don’t lose any. That convenience is part of what makes a camping utensil set such a good option.
Camping Knife SetWhat to look for when you want a new camping knife set.
- Spork – Many utensil sets come with a separate spoon and fork, but a spork is a classic, and an easy way to save on some weight and bulk, and some money too. Some manufacturers also give you a combo unit that has a spoon on one end and a fork on the other, so that you just switch ends depending on the utensil you need.
- Material – Camping knifes sets come in a few different materials. Plastic is a fairly popular option, but is lacking in some ways, such as durability. Something like titanium, however, will be extremely lightweight, and also strong. Any metal will also work a lot better around heat than plastic will.
Best Camping Knife SetSome of the very best camping knife sets that you have to choose from.
- Snow Peak Titanium Silverware Set - A fantastic set of knife, fork and spoon from Snow Peak. It's titanium, as the name suggests, which means it weighs very little, at just 1.8 ounces, or 51 ounces for the whole set. Titanium is ideal because it is strong, and lightweight as you can see, but will also not corrode over time. The set also comes with a handy little carrying case, so you don't lose anything in your backpack.
- Primus Stainless Field Cutlery Kit - If you would prefer the lower cost of a stainless steel set then Primus has a good option here. It is a fork, spoon and knife set, and comes with a handy little length of rope to hold the whole thing together. There are actually holes punched in to the handles of each piece, so that they have just a skeleton frame. This helps lower the weight down to a very impressive 3 ounces, or 85 grams.
- Sea to Summit Alpha Lit Knife Set - If you really want lightweight, then this is the set for you. It's just a spork and knife set, and comes with a tiny little carabiner to hold the set together so you don't lose anything. The set is actually made of a hard anodized aluminum alloy, so that you get the lightness and value of aluminum without sacrificing much in terms of strength. And at just .5 ounces, or 14 grams for the whole set, you wont do much better than this.