When camping, it helps to have a few luxury things around, like a nice cup of coffee in the morning. And if you are an addict, well then that cup of coffee first thing is really more of a requirement. Either way, you cant take your coffee machine with you camping, so you need a camping coffee pot.
Camping Coffee PotHere is what to look for from a camping coffee pot.
- Reusable - Depending on how long you are camping for, you might have to make quite a few pots of coffee, and so whatever option you go for should be reusable, and should require little in the way of cleaning. Generally, the less clean up and work your camping cooking gear requires, the better.
- Integrated - It also often helps if your coffee making gear is integrated in some way with your other equipment. A coffee pot that can double as a pot for your food, for instance, is a lot more useful than a coffee pot that is only good for making coffee. And if your food tastes a little like coffee, is that really such a bad thing?
Best Camping Coffee PotA few of the better camping coffee pots and coffee making devices on the market.
- MSR MugMate Coffee / Tea Filter - Most people have a pot or mug that is suitable for making coffee in, but no device to actually make the coffee with. The MugMate is an elegant solution to that problem. It's also an award winning solution to that problem, having bagged an Editor's Choice Gold Award in 2009 from Backpacker magazine. The MugMate has a couple of tabs that sit on either side of your cup and allow the coffee grinds to soak in to your hot water. The metal filter material means it is easy to clean, and best of all it weighs a mere 1 ounce, or 28 grams, and is suitable for tea too.
- Snowpeak Titanium Cafe Press - With this offering from Snowpeak you get both a french press and a pot that can double as a cooking pot or mug for other beverages. It also makes two cups, so it's ideal if you're not the only coffee drinker in your group. It weighs 6.3 ounces, or 178 grams, but remember that you're getting both a press and a pot, so that is quite light.
- Snowpeak Coffee Drip - Another innovative coffee delivery device from Snowpeak is this coffee drip. It folds up nice and small when not in use, and when it is in use it sits on top of your mug and makes your coffee just like any other coffee drip would. It weighs 4.9 ounces, or 139 grams, so not the lightest option, but if you prefer drip made coffee, it's an elegant solution.