For some, coffee is a pleasant way to get started in the morning, and for others, it is really more of a requirement for just managing to get out of bed. Whichever category you fall in to, a camping coffee maker can be a useful gadget to have along on the trail with you.
Camping Coffee MakerFeatures to look for when looking for a camping coffee maker.
- Easy to Clean - Cleaning is never any fun when you are camping, and the last thing you are going to want to have to do in the morning is put much effort in to cleaning out your coffee maker. So you should be trying to find a coffee maker that is as easy to clean as possible, so you can get to the important stuff with regards to camping.
- Integrated - It also helps if your camping coffee maker is integrated with other pieces of gear. A coffee pot, for instance, can easily double as a cooking pot for your meals.
Best Camping Coffee MakerA few of the very best camping coffee makers.
- Snow Peak Coffee Drip - If you like a good cup of drip coffee in the morning, this coffee drip from Snow Peak is an elegant solution. It will sit on top of your cup and drip away while you tend to other things around camp. When you are done with it, the Snow Peak Coffee Drip folds down in to a neat little package for storage until the next time you use it. It weighs 4.9 ounces, or 138 grams.
- MSR MugMate Coffee and Tea Filter - The MugMate is something a little different. It's designed more like a tea immersion device, but the 150 micron metal filter would be ideal for making coffee in the same way. You just insert your coffee grinds in to the filter, immerse, and soon enough you have a good cup of coffee. And as the name suggests, it also easily doubles as a tea filter. It weighs just 1 ounce, or 28 grams, and won a Editor's Choice Gold Award in 2009 from Backpacker Magazine, so you know it's doing something right.
- Snow Peak Titanium Cafe Press - If nothing but a french press will do even when you are camping, the Cafe Press is an ideal solution. It's a combination french press and pot, which will make you either one very large cup of coffee to start the morning or else two regular sized cups, to share with a fellow coffee drinker. It weighs 6.3 ounces, or 178 grams, but keep in mind that the pot will easily double as a cooking pot.