There are a whole lot of options available to you when shopping for fleece jackets, and the best fleece jacket for you will depend, to a great extent, on what your needs are from a fleece jacket. Those that expect to be getting rained on will want a certain kind of fleece jacket, and those that want a fleece jacket for something to stay warm in while being active outside will need an entirely different kind of fleece jacket if they expect the best performance possible.
Best Fleece JacketWhat to look for when you're looking for the best fleece jacket.
- Hood – A hood can be an extremely useful feature to have on just about any jacket. A fleece hood wont do much to keep your head dry, but it will at least do a lot to keep your head warm. So a hood can be a good option if you’re looking for a fleece jacket that will perform in a wide variety of temperatures.
- Windproof – Many fleece jackets come with a hardened outer surface. The point of this is that the hardened surface cuts down quite a bit on wind chill, without compromising the fleece’s ability to breath, which can be a handy thing to have if you expect to be out in the wind.
Best Fleece Jacket ReviewsReviews of the very best fleece jackets, for both men and women.
Best Fleece Jacket for Men
- Patagonia R1 Hooded Fleece Pullover - When it comes to fleece jackets for those that like to stay active in the outdoors there are few better than the R1 Hoodie. It has a half length zipper and a hood, as the name suggests. And while it doesn't have any hand pockets, it does have one zippered chest pocket and thumb holes on the end of either sleeve. It uses lightweight 100 weight fleece, and is hardened on the outside, to resist wind, but has grids cut in to the fleece on inside, to provide a nice balance of wind resistance and breathability which people who like to stay active ill appreciate.
- Mountain Hardwear Monkey Man Fleece Jacket - Another fleece jacket, this one using the much thicker 300 weight fleece. The outside isn't hardened, for wind protection, but the jacket is designed to be kind of furry, which gives it a thickness that is hard for wind to penetrate, and that keeps you nice and warm inside. One zippered chest pocket and two zippered hand pockets round out the features for this jacket.
Best Fleece Jacket for Women
- Rab Shadow Hooded Fleece Jacket - If you like to stay active, then the Rab Shadow is a great choice. It uses the thinner 100 weight fleece, but has a hardened outer surface, which makes it a solid combination of breathable and wind resistant. It has a hood, and two zippered hand pockets that are raised up, so that they're fully accessible when wearing a backpack with the hip belt done up. A fantastic fleece jacket to stay active in.
- Mountain Hardwear Monkey Woman Fleece Jacket - If you're more concerned about staying warm, this fleece jacket uses the much thicker 300 weight fleece. The outer surface isn't hardened, but it is a kind of high pile, curly fleece that will keep you warm and well protected from the wind. There's no hood, but there are two zippered hand pockets as well as a zippered chest pocket. A great fleece jacket to stay toasty warm in.