the best hiking pants, then, should be versatile, and useful in a wide variety of weather conditions. They should also layer well, so that they can be combined with insulating layers or shells and still perform well.
Here are a few of the very best hiking pants that fit that description.
Best Hiking Pants for MenSome of the best hiking pants for men.
- Marmot Cruz Convertible Pants - Convertible pants are a great option when shopping for the bets hiking pants because they do both hold and cold weather conditions with ease. These particular hiking pants from Marmot come with Nylon fabric, which dries fast and tends not to rip easily, and a UPF rating of 50 to protect you when you spend long amounts of time in the outdoors. An all around great choice.
- REI Men's Adventures Pants - These pants from outdoor manufacturer REI are extremely popular with reviewers and are an updates and evolved edition of an earlier pair of pants. They come with a default 30 inch inseam, which works well with a pair of hiking boots or shoes, and will keep your pants up out of the mud and dirt. They also have a UPF 50 rating and plenty of pocket room.
- The North Face Paramount Peak Convertible Pants - Another pair of convertible pants, this time from outdoor manufacturer North Face. This particular pair has all the usual features, plus a DWR finish on top of the nylon fabric to ensure that you are always well protected from moisture. If you want a pair of hiking pants that can handle a few showers with ease, these are the best hiking pants for you.
- Rail Riders Eco Mesh Pants with Insect Shield - These hiking pants from Rail Riders are particularly well suited to the warmer months of the year. They come with a UPF 30+ rating, are treated with Insect Shield to keep the bugs away, and have side vents that open up with a zipper to expose your legs to the air without exposing your legs. If you are looking for a good summer hiking pant, then these are the best hiking pants you will probably find.
Best Hiking Pants for WomenA selection of the very best hiking pants for women.
- prAna Monarch Convertible Pants - No hiking closet is complete without at least one pair of convertible hiking pants. They are as ideal for summer as they are for colder months. They're made from quick drying nylon material, and feature a straight leg design so that you look good on the trail.
- The North Face Vertex Stretch Pants - These are some of the best hiking pants you can find. They have a bit of everything. The DWR finish will keep you dry, and the nylon fabric will dry quickly, should any water stick. They also have a UPF 30 rating, plenty of pocket room and roll up cuffs to convert in to capris. All in all, one of the very best hiking pants you will find.
- Weatherpants with Insect Shield - These excellent pants from Rail Riders have a unique feature, which is that they are treated with Insect Shield, a product that will help repel bugs. You'll be a walking bug repellent. They are also nylon, for the quick drying, and lightweight. All around, some of the best hiking pants for the summer months.