A good pair of hiking pants is essential for enjoying yourself when adventuring in the outdoors. The best hiking pants will keep you warm, well ventilated and will dry quickly if you are unfortunate enough to get a little wet. Of course there are a few differences between women's hiking pants and men's hiking pants, and if you're a woman you should definitely be on the lookout for women's hiking pants.
Women's Hiking PantsFeatures that you want to see when shopping for hiking pants.
- Convertible - Convertible pants aren't for everyone, but there's no denying that they are a lot more versatile than a regular old pair of pants. When the sun comes out, for instance, you can convert them in to a pair of shorts without even taking them off, and if and when you get cold, they turn right back in to a pair of pants.
- Nylon - The best hiking pants are usually nylon. Nylon is lightweight, doesn't rip easily and best of all, dries extremely fast when wet. It also feels half decent against the skin. There are some other very good fabrics out there, it's not nylon or nothing, but nylon is definitely one of the best hiking pants materials around.
Best Women's Hiking PantsA few of the very best women's hiking pants.
- prAna Monarch Convertible Pants - A very popular pair of convertible hiking pants from prAna. They're nylon, so they dry extremely quickly if you happen to get them wet, and four pockets means you have plenty of room for a few small essentials. They also have a straight leg design, so they look good as either pants or shorts.
- ExOfficio Nomad Roll-Up Pants - ExOfficio is a well known name when it comes to tough, durable outdoor clothing. These particular pants are not convertible, but they will roll up, as the name suggests, and once rolled up they are held in place with button closures. They're also nylon, so they will dry quickly, and have a UPF+ 30 rating, so you are also well protected from the sun. Finally, four pockets, including two cargo pockets, means you have plenty of room for a few essentials.
- The North Face Women's Horizon Tempest Pants - Another pair of roll up pants, this time from North Face. They're nylon, so again they will dry very quickly, and have a UPF+ 50 rating, so plenty of protection from the sun. The Tempest pants don't have any cargo pockets, but a zippered pocket on the hip is a nice addition.