There are a whole bunch of different materials to choose from when it comes to sleeping bag liners, many with several different uses. But thermolite is different, in that a thermolite sleeping bag liner is meant for just one thing, really, and that is adding warmth. If you want to turn a summer sleeping bag in to a winter sleeping bag, for instance, then you would use a thermolite sleeping bag. Thermolite is also fairly comfortable to sleep against, but its primary use is warmth.
Thermolite Sleeping Bag LinerWhat to look for when you're looking for a thermolite sleeping bag liner.
- Degrees Added – The primary purpose of a thermolite sleeping bag liner is to add warmth to your sleeping bag, boosting its minimum temperature rating. But there are a variety of thicknesses when it comes to thermolite liners, which will determine exactly how many degrees get added.
- Shape – The shape of the sleeping bag liner is another important determinant in your purchasing process. A mummy shaped sleeping bag liner is best suited for a mummy shaped sleeping bag, for instance, and would just unnecessarily constrict you when in a rectangular sleeping bag.
Best Thermolite Sleeping Bag LinerThere aren't many of them, but these are the best thermolite sleeping bag liners.
- Sea to Summit Reactor - This mummy shaped thermolite sleeping bag liner is the main sleeping bag liner in the Reactor liner from Sea to Summit. It will add approximately 15 degrees of warmth to your sleeping bag, and weighs a very nice 9 ounces, or 255 grams. A perfect way to add a good bit of warmth to your sleeping bag without adding much weight.
- Sea to Summit Reactor Extreme - The Reactor Extreme is the warmest thermolite sleeping bag liner. It will add a very impressive 25 degrees of warmth, which is more than enough to turn a summer sleeping bag in to a winter sleeping bag. And it weighs just 14 ounces, which is 390 grams.
- Sea to Summit Reactor Plus - The Reactor Plus is something a little different. It uses the basic thermolite fabric for the entire liner, but then has panels of the warmer, thicker Reactor Extreme fabric around the torso and the foot box. So you get extra warmth, but distributed to the areas that you need it most. It will add about 20 degrees of warmth, but of course some areas will be warmer than others. It weighs just 9.3 ounces, or 260 grams. So a great combination of warmth and weight savings.