There are all kinds of choices when it comes to sleeping bag liners, but if you are looking for a lightweight sleeping bag liner, there is definitely a few options that you will want to avoid. But there also a few choices to make, the most important being whether you want a warm sleeping bag liner or sleeping bag liner that will keep your sleeping bag clean, but add only a minimal amount of weight and warmth. The two options represent two very different sleeping bag liners.
Lightweight Sleeping Bag LinerWhat to look for when you want a lightweight sleeping bag liner.
- Material – If you want a sleeping bag liner that is both lightweight and warm, then your best option is thermolite. But if you want a lightweight sleeping bag liner that will just keep the inside of your sleeping bag clean first and foremost, silk is the lightest option for you.
- Shape – If you want a lightweight sleeping bag liner then you want a mummy shaped liner. If you already have a mummy shaped sleeping bag then this is an obvious choice, but a mummy shaped sleeping bag liner will fit just fine in a rectangular sleeping bag, and will be lighter than a rectangular sleeping bag liner.
Best Lightweight Sleeping Bag LinerSome of the very best lightweight sleeping bag liners to choose from.
- Sea to Summit Premium Silk Liner - If you want a lightweight sleeping bag liner then silk is your best option. At just 4.4 ounces, or 124 grams for the mummy version you will be hard pressed to find a lighter sleeping bag liner anywhere. It does also come in a rectangular shape, as well as an extra long version, and you can expect to add roughly 10 degrees of warmth to your sleeping bag when using it.
- Cocoon Silk/Egyptian Cotton Liner - A cotton and silk blend makes for a fantastic surface to sleep against. You get the familiar comfort of cotton and the weight savings of silk, all in one package. At 6.3 ounces, or 180 grams it's an extremely lightweight sleeping bag liner option. It will add approximately 8 degrees of warmth to your sleeping bag.
- Sea to Summit Reactor Thermolite Liner - If you want a lightweight sleeping bag liner that will add a significant amount of warmth to your sleeping bag then thermolite fabric is the way to go. This particular mummy liner will add about 15 degrees of warmth, which is enough to turn a summer sleeping bag in to a winter sleeping bag, but only weighs 8.1 ounces, which is 230 grams. There's also a Reactor Extreme that adds a very impressive 25 degrees of warmth.