Camping cups are great, versatile things to have along with you when you are camping. You can use them for everything from a hot beverage to a scoop to a measuring device and even as a pot for heating up a bit of water. A camping cup is exactly the kind of versatile camping gear that you don't want to leave home without.
Camping CupsFeatures to look for when you are shopping for camping cups.
- Material - There are a few different materials that you will be able to find camping cups in. The best is titanium. It weighs half as much as steel, doesn't corrode and takes a beating well. Stainless steel, aluminum and plastic are all options too.
- Handle - A handle is a nice thing to have on a coffee cup, especially when you plan on making hot beverages. Just be sure that the handle folds back along the cup, or an already awkwardly shaped item will become even more difficult to get in to your backpack without any wasted space.
Best Camping CupsA few of the very best camping cups.
- Snow Peak Titanium Double-Wall - The Titanium Double-Wall is an ideal cup for beverages and a few other things. Since it is titanium it doesn't weigh much, at 4.2 ounces, or 119 grams, but remember that it is double walled, which means double the material. It will hold 15.9 ounces, or .47 liters, which is a good amount for a cup of coffee or tea in the morning. The double wall feature means that the cup is well insulated, which will keep your beverage warm. The double walled construction, however, means that you should not cook with this cup.
- Olicamp Space Saver - The Space Saver is the perfect size to fit over the bottom of a nalgene bottle, or a similar bottle, which means you don't have to worry about finding a space saving spot in your bag for the cup. It's made form stainless steel, and while there's no weight listed for it, it's likely heavier than either of the titanium cups. It holds 16 ounces, or .47 liters, and has an extended handle which makes it a good option for heating water with.
- Snow Peak Titanium Single Wall - This cup from Snow Peak is the ideal camping cup. It's titanium, and weighs a very slim 2.8 ounces, or 80 grams. It also holds a full 21 ounces, or .62 liters, which is more than either of the other cups. The handle will help allow you not to burn yourself, and it folds away when not in use.