Part of what makes camping, backpacking and hiking so enjoyable is getting to experience unspoiled wilderness. But when you go camping, for instance, you have a responsibility to help keep the wilderness that way. Biodegradable soap for camping is one example of ways in which you can help ensure that your camping or backpacking has as little negative impact as possible on the environment around you.
Biodegradable Soap for CampingRegardless of what kind of soap you get, there are a few things to look for in a good camping soap.
- Concentrated - One important characteristic you should look for in any camping soap is a highly concentrated camping soap. You don't want to have to carry a big bottle of soap when you can make do with a much smaller, more concentrated bottle of soap.
- Versatile - There are a couple of different things that you might need soap for when camping. The dishes, for instance, as well as your body. Carrying a soap for each individual use is inefficient when you can get soaps that will do every job.
Best Biodegradable Soap for CampingA few of the best biodegradable soaps for camping.
- Campsuds Camping Soap - This is a highly concentrated, biodegradable soap for camping, backpacking or any other outdoor activity. It's made from natural vegetable derived ingredients, as well as oil essences. It can be used for anything from dishes, to hair and skin. It also comes in four different sizes, ranging from 2 ounces to 16 ounces.
- Sea to Summit Wilderness Wash - Another biodegradable soap, this time from Sea to Summit. Besides being biodegradable, it is also phosphate and fragrance free, so you don't have to worry about any bears sniffing around at your camp soap. It comes in two different sizes, 1.3 ounces and 3 ounces.
- Dr. Bronners Organic Liquid Soap - One more biodegradable camping soap, this time from Dr. Bronners. It comes in just one size, 2 ounces, but the great thing about Dr. Bronners is that it can also be used as toothpaste. A soapy toothpaste, but regardless, it's one more thing that you can leave at home. It comes in a few different flavors, including almond and peppermint, both of which would make good toothpaste flavors.
Camping Soap AccessoriesTravel sizes are useful, but many of these soaps are highly concentrated, and even the travel sizes are too big. If you want to get a large container of soap, and then only use a little at a time for your outdoor adventures, a dropper bottle is an extremely useful little accessory to have.
If you are looking for more hygiene products, you can try the camping hygiene page.