So take the time to properly select a few good hiking clothing items so that you you don't have to worry about your hiking clothes and can enjoy the outdoors.
Hiking Clothes for Men - Cold Weather
- Arc'teryx Alpha LT Jacket - A good, solid outer rain layer is crucial when you head in to cold weather. The last thing you want to be is damp and cold on a hike. This jacket from Arc'teryx is made from Gore-Tex 3L Pro fabric, which is both waterproof and very breathable. It also has a lot of great detail work, like a helmet compatible hood and waterproof zippers, that make it a good addition to your hiking clothes.
- Arc'teryx Alpha SL Pants - You will need a good pair of rain pants to go along with your jacket, and the Alpha SL pants from Arc'teryx are just that. They come with Gore-Tex Paclite fabric, which is both waterproof and breathable. Nice details like articulated knees and reinforced ankles mean that they will last you more than just one season.
- Mont Bell U.L. Down Inner Jacket - No winter hiking clothing collection would be complete without a solid insulating layer for your torso, and goose down is the obvious choice. Mont Bell makes theirs with 800 fill down, which is the good stuff, and manages to keep the weight down, so you will hardly know you're carrying this insulating layer until you need it.
Hiking Clothes for Women - Cold Weather
- Mont Bell Alpine Light Down Parka - When you go hiking in cold temperatures, a good insulating layer is a critical piece of hiking clothing to bring along with you. This goose down parka from Mont Bell is ideal. It is 800 fill, high quality goose down, and won the 2011 Backpacker Magazine Editor's Choice Award. Goose down packs down small, is lightweight and also insulates well, so you know you can depend on it for when the weather turns.
- The North Face Venture Side Zip Pant - These winter pants from The North Face are waterproof yet breathable, and lightweight, which is the perfect combination for winter hiking clothes. As the name implies they come with side zippers, so you will always have plenty of ventilation for when you are on the move, working hard.
- Arc'teryx Beta AR Jacket - When you head out in to cold weather it is crucial to bring along a dependable waterproof layer to stay dry. The Beta AR from Arc'teryx is exactly that kind of hiking clothing. It is made from Gore-Tex Pro Shell 3-Layer fabric, so it will stand up well in bad weather, and comes with ventilation in all the right spots so that the moisture doesn't build up on the inside.
Hiking Clothes for Men - Warm Weather
- ExOfficio Give-N-Go Boxers - When picking out hiking clothing you need to start at the skin and work your way outwards, and it doesn't get closer to the skin than boxers. Lots of hiking can lead to chaffing, which is never fun, but a good pair of boxers can help prevent that. These boxers from ExOfficio are the perfect start to your hiking clothing collection.
- Icebreaker SuperFine Tech Lite T-Shirt - You need a good t-shirt to round out your hiking clothes. Something that will handle sweat, and keep you cool, but stay warm when the sun goes down. The answer is wool. As strange as it might sound, wool makes a great hiking shirt material. If it sounds strange, go read some of the reviews and you will be quickly convinced.
- The North Face Paramount Peak Convertible Pants - Convertible pants are mainstay of many hiking clothing collections with good reason. They are pants when you need to stay warm, and shorts when you need to cool down. These convertible pants from The North Face are particularly good. The nylon material drys quickly and is lightweight. They also have a UPF 30 rating and plenty of pocket room.
- Arc-teryx Rampart Long Shorts - If you don't like the idea of pants and want a pair of straight shorts for your hiking clothes, then you cant do much better than these Rampart shorts. They are nylon, so they will dry quickly, and they come with plenty of pocket room for all kinds of hiking gadgets.
Hiking Clothes for Women - Warm Weather
- prAna Monarch Convertible Pants - These pants are convertible, which makes them the kind of versatile hiking clothes that most outdoor enthusiasts can appreciate. They're also nylon, which is a great fabric for summer hiking clothes because it dries quickly and feels good against the skin.
- The North Face Paramount Moraine Shorts - The Paramount Moraine shorts offer a bit of everything. They have a water-resistant finish, so they stand up will in summer showers or adventures on the water. They also have UV protection, so they handle the sun well too. They're the kind of versatile hiking clothes that no one should leave home without.
- Mountain Hardwear Wicked Lite Tank - This tank top from Mountain Hardwear is lightweight, which is always a plus for summer hiking, and comes with an antimicrobial finish to control odor on those longer hikes.