The list below includes a few items that most campers wont have, and a few that will be welcome upgrades. If your camping enthusiast has broken a piece of gear in the near past, or has been complaining about not having a certain piece of gear, then those make great ideas for camping presents too.
Camping Presents ListA few camping present suggestions for that special someone on your list.
- Exped DownMat Sleeping Pad - It's true that any self respecting camper will already have a sleeping pad. What they probably wont have, however, is a cold weather sleeping pad. This DownMat from Exped uses a layer of down to help trap and reflect body heat lost in to the ground at night, making it much warmer than the average sleeping pad, and a great camping present.
- SteriPEN Adventurer - For the camping enthusiast who has everything, a SteriPEN is a great camping present. It's a new technology that uses UV light instead of physical filters to clean your drinking water. It's faster than a traditional filter and smaller too, which any camper will appreciate.
- Outdoor Research Dry Ditty Sacks - Stuff sacks make the perfect camping presents because they're always getting ripped and torn, and in need of replacement. So even if the person you are buying a camping present for doesn't need a stuff sack now, they will sometimes in the future. This set of three covers all the basic sizes, and is a good choice.
- Snow Peak Titanium Multi Compact Cookset - Cookware is typically heavy, but not if you have a titanium set. Most campers make do with steel or aluminum sets, so a titanium set will be a welcome upgrade to most campers, and a great camping present.
- Mont Bell U.L. Down Inner Jacket (Women's) - Insulating layers is one area where campers typically grab whatever is warm and old from the closet. A goose down jacket, however, makes a great camping present because it is almost certainly better than whatever is in the closet. Down is lighter and packs smaller than anything, and these parkas from Mont Bell are some of the best on the market, which makes them a great camping present for someone looking to stay warm.
- Bear Vault Bear Canister - Nobody lasts long in the wilderness without any food, and bears and rodents can make short work of improperly stored food. Most campers make do with hanging their food from a tree,but this system is far from bear proof. Make a proper food storage canister a camping present for them, and they will never lose their food to the wildlife again.