If there is something that you think your gift recipient is missing, or if they broke something on their last camping trip, then you can easily fill that hole in their camping gear list. I've tried to include a few more exotic items on the list below, however, that most camping enthusiasts probably don't have, but wont be able to do without once they get their hands on them.
Camping Gifts ListHere are a few camping gift ideas for the camper on your list.
- Benchmade 530 Serrated Locking Knife - If you're looking for a piece of camping equipment that most camping enthusiasts don't have, but should, to give as a camping gift, then a camping knife is a good choice. This knife from Benchmade is lightweight, made of good quality steel and gets great reviews. Guaranteed to please just about any camping enthusiast on your list.
- Bear Vault Bear Canister - A bear canister is another camping gift idea that most campers do not have, but should. Wildlife getting in to your food is always a problem, but bear canisters are designed to keep them all out. Some national parks also require bear canisters be used when staying in the park, so a bear canister in the closet will probably one day come in handy.
- Therm-A-Rest NeoAir - There's nothing quite so important as getting a good night's rest when you're camping, and the NeoAir is one of the best sleeping pads on the market, and would make a great camping gift. Most campers already have a sleeping pad, but most campers also tend to not get a good night's sleep. Help them upgrade by getting them a better sleeping pad as a camping gift.
- SteriPEN Adventurer - SteriPEN is a new kind of water filter technology that uses UV light to treat water. It's faster and smaller than your average filter, and it's new enough that most camping enthusiasts wont have one, which makes it a safe camping gift to give.
- Black Diamond Trekking Poles - Most campers don't have trekking poles, but probably should. They take the strain off your knees, which tend to take a beating when carrying a heavy backpack, and can be useful around camp in a few other different ways. These trekking poles from Black Diamond are well reviewed, and would make a great camping gift.
- Mont Bell U.L. Down Inner Jacket (Women's version) - Most camping enthusiasts make do with fleece or wool for an insulating layer, but down is far better, and would make a great camping gift. Down packs smaller than other insulating materials and is lighter too, which any camping enthusiast will deeply appreciate.