While safety isn't such a concern in the summer months, not having the proper camping clothes with you when the snow and wind starts flying can put you at risk for hypothermia and worse.
So go in to the wilderness prepared, with the proper camping clothes.
Camping Clothes for Men - Winter
- Mont Bell U.L. Down Inner Jacket - An insulating layer, particularly for your upper torso, is an important item of camping clothing to have in winter months. And while fleece and wool are good, down offers a weight to warmth ratio that is difficult to beat. It also packs down small, so you can throw it in your bag and forget it's there until you need it. There are a few manufacturers that make excellent goose down garments, but Mont Bell is one of the best, and this inner parka is one of their best.
- Arc'teryx Alpha LT Jacket - Another important piece of camping clothes for the winter months is a waterproof outer layer to protect you from wind, rain and snow. Arc'teryx is well known for their many excellent winter outerwear garments, and this is one of their best. It features tough Gore-Tex, 3 layer fabric and a lot of great technical features that make it useful in a variety of situations.
- Arc'teryx Alpha SL Pants - Your legs aren't immune to the elements, and it is always a good idea to bring along a reliable pair of waterproof pants. These pants, also from outdoor manufacturer Arc'teryx, are made from a lighter, more breathable Gore-Tex fabric to keep you dry while offering plenty of breathability.
Camping Clothes for Men - Summer
- Arc'teryx Rampart Shorts - For summer, nothing beats the breathability of a pair of nylon shorts. The Rampart shorts are just that. Nylon breaths well, and dries extremely quickly. It also feels good against skin, making it an ideal fabric for summer camping clothes. These particular shorts also feature plenty of pocket space, so there's always room for one more gadget.
- The North Face Paramount Peak Pants - If you're the kind of person that likes a pair of shorts and a pair of pants for your camping clothing collection, then nothing beats a pair of convertible pants. They go from shorts to pants and back again with nothing but a zipper, offering you the best of both worlds. These particular convertible pants from The North Face are made with a midweight, abrasion resistant nylon. They also feature built in UV light protection and a water repellent finish. The perfecting camping clothes for anything and everything the outdoors might throw at you.
- Icebreaker SuperFine Tech Lite T-Shirt - Though the idea of a wool T-Shirt for the summer months might seem strange at first, Icebreaker has been making excellent merino wool garments for a long time, and know what they're doing. The shirts are made from super light 140 count wool, which will breath in the heat and keep you warm when the sun goes down. Merino wool is also odor resistant, meaning you will smell great after a camping trip, which is about all you can ask from camping clothes.
Camping Clothes for Women - Winter
- Arc'teryx Beta AR Jacket - The Beta AR is one of Arc'teryx's best winter jackets. It's made with top of the line, 3 layer Gore-Tex, and has a whole slew of technical features that make is extremely versatile. It also looks good around town, making it useful as camping clothes and something to downtown in.
- The North Face Venture Side Zip Pants - Ventilation is always a problem with pants, but not with these. The Venture pants from North Face feature a zipper running down the side with which you can control exactly how much air your legs get. They're also waterproof, so you will stay dry, even as you stay well ventilated.
- Mont Bell Alpine Light Down Parka - No winter camping clothing collection is complete without a good insulating layer, and while there are plenty of fabrics to choose from, goose down is always going to be the best choice for its excellent weight to warmth ratio. Mont Bell does goose down garments extremely well, and this particular jacket won an Editor's Choice Award from Backpacker Magazine in recognition of that. A great choice to round out your closet of camping clothes.
Camping Clothes for Women - Summer
- Mountain Hardwear Wicked Lite Top - This top from Mountain Hardwear features a fairly minimalist design that is lightweight. It's stand out feature, however, is an anti-microbial compound that will leave you smelling as fresh at the end of your camping trip as you did at the beginning.
- prAna Monarch Pants - Convertible pants are a mainstay of many camping clothes closets because they are versatile enough for a wide variety of conditions. These convertible pants from prAna feature all the usual features, like quick drying nylon fabric and plenty of pocket room, that you expect to find on a pair of camping pants.
- The North Face Paramount Moraine Shorts - Shorts are a must have piece of camping clothes for the warmer months of the year. These shorts from North Face are particularly good because they have a bit of everything built in, including protection from UV light, water repellency, and plenty of pocket room. Everything you need from camping clothing.