Best Hiking SocksIt is always extremely important to keep your feet happy when hiking, and you owe it to them to use the best hiking socks that you can get your hands on.
As long as your feet are happy and comfortable, you will be happy and comfortable. But blisters, hot spots and other maladies can make every step pure pain. Everyone that has experienced this at least once knows how important good socks can be. So treat yourself, and invest in good hiking socks.
Best Summer Hiking SocksSome of the better hiking socks for warm weather.
- Teko Merino Light Minicrew - This sock from Teko is made from merino wool harvested on Argentinian farms. It features side air vents to increase breathability, and a lightweight design to keep your whole foot cool in the hot summer months.
- SmartWool PhD Running Ultra Light Micro - Another of the top hiking socks in the lightweight, merino wool category. SmartWool has a highly developed fit system to ensure that your socks are snug in all the right places, as well as plenty of ventilation for keeping your toes cool.
- Injinji Tetrasok Mini Crew Toesocks - A lot of people buy these socks for the novelty and end up liking them so much they buy another pair. They have individual toes, which certainly looks funny. The individual toes cut down on the toes rubbing together, which is the cause of a lot of blistering. So if you get blisters on your toes, these may be the best possible hiking socks for you.
- Icebreaker Hike Lite Crew Sock - One more excellent merino wool summer sock to round out the collection of top hiking socks. They fit extremely well and have a little lycra in just the right places to ensure a good fit. There's also a two pack that saves you a little money.
Best Winter Hiking SocksThe best winter hiking socks to keep your feet warm in cold temperatures.
- Darn Tough Boot Sock Full Cushion - This is a midweight, merino wool sock. If you don't want your feet to overheat in cold conditions, then a midweight sock like this may be the right hiking sock for you. These socks get top marks from reviewers for comfort.
- SmartWool Expedition Trekking Socks - These thick merino wool socks will help keep your feet warm and moisture free in dipping temperatures. They are popular with customers, and are rated as being extremely durable, so if you're looking for a good winter sock to depend on in cold temperatures, these are the best possible hiking socks for you.
- Bridgedale Endurance Summit Sock - If you're looking for the top hiking socks to brave the extreme cold, these are the ones for you. They are made with a mixture of wool and isofil, and have been tested all the way down to -25 C, so you know you can depend on them to keep your feet warm no matter what.