To see more of the best camping stoves on the market check out the lightweight stoves list.
Best Camping StovesA stove is an important piece of equipment to have with you when you're in the outdoors. A hot meal is often the perfect thing after a long, hard day on the trail. Sitting there, watching the water not boil is never any fun, however, so when you go backpacking you want to bring along the very best backpacking, so that you can spend less time watching your food cook and get to the eating part faster.
Best Camping Stove FeaturesHere are a few features you will commonly find on the best camping stoves and best backpacking stoves.
- Lightweight - Stoves have a tendency to weigh a lot more than they should. Especially for the backpackers out there, the best camping stove is going to be a lightweight stove.
- Fuel Choice - Another important consideration when picking out the best camping stove or best backpacking stove is the fuel. There are pros and cons for any fuel. The best backpacking stove fuel type, for instance, will probably be liquid, refillable fuel containers because they are refillable, whereas canisters are generally not refillable.
Best Camping Stoves List
- TrailDesigns Gramcracker - If weight is your main criteria for best camping stoves then look no further than the Gramcracker. Weighing a scant 3 grams it's probably the lightest piece of equipment you'll carry. The stove uses tablets as a fuel source which are lightweight themselves.
- Snow Peak LiteMax Titanium - If weight is your chief criteria for choosing from among the best camping stoves but you want a more common fuel source then consider the LiteMax Titanium. It's one of the lightest canister stoves on the market, is made by a well respected stove manufacturer and is well reviewed as well. A great choice for best camping stove.
- MSR Simmerlite - The Simmerlite is another very lightweight stove that uses Liquids as a fuel source. If you're looking for a stove to fit your liquid fuel bottles while not taking up much weight then consider the Simmerlite as the best backpacking stove for you.
- Vargo Titanium Hexagon - The lightest fuel of all is the fuel that you don't have to carry with you. The Hexagon uses wood as a fuel source, so you use what you find and pack up just your stove when you leave camp in the morning. If minimalism and sustainability are your criteria for best camping stove then the Hexagon might be the right choice for you.