If your backpacking enthusiast happened to break a piece of gear, or has been complaining about a missing piece of gear, then that would make a great backpacking gift. If you're looking to surprise them with the kind of backpacking gear that they never knew they needed, however, a few items on this list might be just what you are looking for.
Backpacking Gifts ListHere are a few possible backpacking gift ideas to look over.
- Mont Bell Down Inner Jacket (and the Women's version) - Most backpackers tend to grab whatever warm layers they can find in their closet to shove in their backpack, so getting them a high quality insulating layer as a backpacking gift would be a great idea. These parkas from Mont Bell are just the thing. They're made with goose down, so they're far lighter than most other materials, and pack much smaller too.
- SteriPEN Adventurer - SteriPEN is a company revolutionizing backpacking water filters. Most backpacking water filters are clunky and take a lot of work to keep clean, but the SteriPEN uses UV light to clean the water quickly and efficiently. The Adventurer is their most popular model.
- Therm-A-Rest NeoAir - If your backpacking enthusiast has ever complained about not getting a good night's sleep while out backpacking, then this is the perfect backpacking gift for them. The NeoAir is probably the highest rated, most popular sleeping pad on the market, and if you cant get a good night's sleep on it then you shouldn't be backpacking.
- Bear Vault Bear Canister - The average backpacker tends to hang their food from a tree to avoid bears, but bears are smart enough to get it down, and other animals don't even have to get it down to get at the food. A bear canister, however, will protect food from rodents, bears and anything else that doesn't have opposable thumbs, making it a great backpacking gift for the person who has seemingly everything.
- Benchmade 530 Serrated Locking Knife - Most backpackers don't bother to take a backpacking knife with them on the trail, but should. It comes in handy in a variety of different ways around camp, and can also be a lifesaver in a variety of different emergency situations. This knife from Benchmade is made from high quality steel and is lightweight enough that you will forget you're carrying it until you need it.
- Black Diamond Trekking Poles - Trekking poles are an often neglected backpacking item, and for the backpacker who has everything, they make a great backpacking gift. Trekking poles take some of the load off the knees, which tend to suffer from the daily grind that is backpacking. These trekking poles from Black Diamond get rave reviews, and are adjustable to a wide variety of sizes.